Have you studied? If not see this.
Once you are confident you can pass the online practice tests, here are the steps necessary to register:
- Get an FRN Number (we no longer accept Social Security Numbers in order to protect your identity). Click here to get started and come back when you have your Federal Registration Number (FRN).
- Check our calendar and select a date with a “License Exam Session“. If we don’t have a date that works for you, there are other sessions that can be found here.
- Fill out our Registration Form or send an email to our VE Team
- We will call you to confirm information and date!
WHAT TO BRING FOR THE EXAM (IMPORTANT)
- Required: Pre-Registration confirmation with FRN Number (above)
- Required: Government issued photo identification. (Driver license, passport, school ID with photo or two other forms of ID.)
- Required: $15.00 cash or check (please bring exact change)
If you are renewing a license, recovering an expired license or taking the General or Amateur Extra test, you will need proof of your current or past license. These can be a signed CSCE Form, a print out from the FCC ULS database showing your license, or a current or expired amateur radio license certificate.
WHAT TO EXPECT
A quiet, orderly test with friendly, helpful Hams!